Saturday, July 25, 2009

Not the shoot we had planned

My sister-in-law and I had a fun shoot planned for when my nephew was born but he had other plans. This sweet little guy was born with some serious heart problems and had to go to Primary Childrens. Let me just say now that it is an amazing hospital. I can not even express the feelings I had walking through the PICU (pediatric intensive care unit) and seeing all those little kids. It just made my heart break and when I got home I gave each of my kids a big hug. I am SOOOO greatful though for the advances in medicine and the things that can be done as opposed to so many years ago. The day I was visiting him he still had his ventilator in and just a couple days later he was taken off it. Just two days ago he had his first of three open heart surgeries and is doing really well right now. We keep pulling for this little guy.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Kelli Bramble said...

Awwww, bless that sweet baby and his family!

Megan said...

That is so heartbreaking. I'm glad to hear the first surgery went well. We're praying for both Maddox and his family.